Clogs, once relegated to the fashion archives, have made a remarkable comeback and captured the hearts of the fashion elite. If you’re seeking guidance on how to incorporate clogs into your outfits in a contemporary and fashionable manner, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll explore the resurgence of clogs, the trendiest clog styles, and provide expert advice on creating versatile and chic clogs outfits.
Top 5 Trendy Clogs for Women
Clogs have a rich history dating back to the 1300s when they were initially crafted entirely from wood. Today, they have regained high-fashion status with brands like Crocs and Birkenstock leading the resurgence. The top 5 trendy clogs for women that are making waves in the fashion scene:
1. Classic Clog Mules: These are the quintessential backless clogs with wooden heels. Some feature studs that secure the upper material to the outsole, while others maintain a clean, unadorned look.
2. Birkenstock Clogs: Drawing inspiration from Birkenstock’s Boston clog mules, these designs combine the classic Birkenstock orthopedic base with fabric or leather uppers, complete with a small buckle across the vamp. Perfect for pairing with cozy socks in colder months.
3. Dr. Scholl’s Clog Slides: These wooden-based clogs boast a single strap across the foot with an adjustable buckle. Available in a variety of colors and materials, they exude minimalistic charm, making them ideal for spring and summer ensembles.
4. Crocs Clogs: The iconic “ugly” clog that needs no introduction. High-fashion brands have even ventured into collaborations with Crocs, while similar plastic clog designs are gaining popularity.
5. Platform Clogs: Channeling the spirit of the 70s, these clogs feature a block heel and an extra tall wooden platform. They come in various styles, including mules, sandals, and clog booties.
Read More: Is Halara Fast Fashion?
How to Wear Clogs Outfits – Styling Tips for Women
Now that we’ve explored the hottest clog styles, let’s fint more about from the expert styling tips for creating stunning clogs outfits:
1. Clogs with Jeans
In today’s fashion landscape, clogs effortlessly pair with various jean styles, from slim to wide-legged designs. Here’s how to master the art of wearing clogs with jeans:
How to Wear Clogs with Jeans
- Straight Leg Jeans: Opt for a looser or slimmer fit, depending on your preference. Avoid excessively tight jeans to maintain proportionality with your clogs.
- Wide Leg & Baggy Jeans: These jeans complement clogs beautifully, creating a balanced aesthetic. Pair with a tight bodysuit or a cropped tank for contrast, or keep it casual with a boyfriend t-shirt and a loose cardigan.
- Flare Jeans: Embrace the 70s vibe with long, dark flares and autumn-toned tops and clogs for a retro-inspired look. Alternatively, add an edge with kick-flare black jeans, studded clogs, and a rocker tee.
- Denim on Denim: The timeless denim-on-denim combo remains a fashion staple. Pair your clogs with a denim jacket and jeans for a classic and cool ensemble.
2. Clogs with Dresses
Dresses and clogs are a match made in fashion heaven. Here’s how to effortlessly incorporate clogs into your dress ensembles:
How to Wear Clogs with Dresses
- Maxi Dress: Create a touch of 70s flair by pairing clogs with maxi dresses. Tiered dresses exude a boho vibe, while long white or black dresses paired with clog mules or sandals exude elegance.
- Mini Dress: Opt for fuller dresses, such as baby doll styles or wide t-shirts, to balance the bulkier appearance of clogs.
- Midi Dress: Achieve a chic look with a floral or minimal-colored linen midi dress paired with clog mules. T-shirt or sweater midi dresses are versatile and perfect for layering with a soft sweater or denim jacket.
- Shirt Dress: Infuse a laid-back vibe into classic shoes and shirt dresses with whimsical clogs. Accessorize with a crochet or canvas tote bag and wooden dangly earrings for added charm.
- Sweater Dress: Clogs offer comfort and style when paired with sweater dresses, ranging from snug maxi-length designs to looser knee-length options.
Read More: Is Jaded London Fast Fashion?
3. Clogs with Shorts
Summer days call for shorts, and clogs are the ideal choice for comfortable and stylish footwear. Consider these options for wearing clogs with shorts:
How to Wear Clogs with Shorts
- Denim Shorts: Cut-off or frayed jean shorts provide a relaxed look. Pair with a simple white tee and a coordinating denim jacket for a laid-back outfit.
- Leather Shorts: Match leather shorts with clogs to create a cohesive and stylish appearance. You can either coordinate the clog hue with the shorts or your top for a well-rounded look.
- Tailored Shorts: Elevate a sophisticated outfit with tailored pants and a classic white dress shirt by adding a pair of clogs. Choose from traditional clogs like Birkis to oversized chain clogs for a fresh twist.
- Bike Shorts: Thanks to fashion icons like Kim and Kanye, bike shorts are a trendy choice. Pair them with leather clogs and a tee, sweater, or oversized blazer for a contemporary look.
- Winter Clogs Outfits with Shorts: Transition your soft denim shorts into winter by wearing them with closed-toe clogs and cozy socks. Add textured tights or layer socks for extra warmth, and complete the look with a plaid shirt and a long cardigan.
4. Clogs with Dress Pants
Clogs effortlessly contribute to a relaxed and stylish casual appearance. Their compatibility is particularly evident when paired with wide-leg dress pants and breathable linen trousers, thanks to the substantial structure of these footwear choices. However, it’s worth noting that cropped dress pants or more streamlined styles can also make a fantastic match with clogs when styled thoughtfully.
Here’s how to create a stylish ensemble:
How to Wear Clogs with Dress Pants:
- Minimalist Look: For a clean and cohesive appearance, choose clogs that match or complement your outfit’s color. Experiment with black outfits paired with contrasting black clogs adorned with studs for a chic twist.
- Pantsuits: Opt for white or tan clogs when wearing a lightweight beige suit. Maintain proportion by pairing with wide-leg dress pants or culottes. With black pantsuits, experiment with various clog colors and textures.
- Leather Pants: Leather dress pants harmonize effortlessly with clogs, whether they are straight-leg, wide-leg, or cropped.
- Culottes: Embrace the playful nature of culottes by combining them with clogs. Choose linen or flowy black or white culottes and pair them with a fitted tee and a cropped jacket.
- Cargo Pants: The utilitarian charm of cargo pants pairs splendidly with classic clogs. Opt for an army green pair and match them with caramel brown suede clog mules or boots. Add a rocker tee, moto jacket, or beige trench for a trendy look.
- Avoid Thin, Skin-Tight Dress Pants: Steer clear of super tight dress pants when wearing clogs, as these chunkier shoes can appear out of place. Reserve minimalist clogs for such occasions.
5. Clogs with Rompers & Jumpsuits
Rompers have emerged as a sizzling fashion trend for the summer season, offering versatile styling options. When it comes to footwear, clogs stand out as one of the top choices for complementing rompers and jumpsuits throughout the summer. In fact, jumpsuits, whether for summer or winter, present an equally exciting clothing option to address the age-old question of “what to wear with clogs.”
The beauty of rompers and jumpsuits lies in their adaptability, allowing you to explore a range of fashion expressions. With clogs as your footwear, you have the opportunity to create a chic and effortless monochromatic look or venture into bolder territory by opting for a contrasting or vibrant pair. These versatile outfits can be styled to suit your fashion preferences, making rompers and jumpsuits the ideal canvas for your clog-inspired ensembles.
How to Wear Clogs with Rompers
- For a Boho Look: Roomy, printed, or whimsical rompers or jumpsuits pair beautifully with classic wooden-bottom clogs. Enhance the boho feel with a straw or canvas bag and a western-inspired hat.
- For a Night Out: Add a touch of glamour with patent clog sandals, mules, or platform clogs. Pair them with a tailored romper or jumpsuit for a chic evening ensemble.
- Casual Outfits: Keep things casual with Dr. Scholl’s clog slides or classic rugged clog styles. These complement denim or utility rompers and cropped jumpsuits effortlessly.
6. Clogs with Skirts
The combination of clogs with a skirt exudes an elegant and refined charm. These shoes seamlessly complement flirty skirts and are suitable for various occasions, including both professional settings and casual outings. Moreover, clogs have the versatility to inject a touch of edginess into any ensemble, allowing you to effortlessly elevate your outfit’s appeal.
How to Wear Clogs with Skirts
Maxi Skirts: Loose, tiered, or flouncy maxi skirts exude boho charm when paired with clogs. Tuck in a tight top or a billowy blouse for a well-rounded look, and accessorize with a straw hat and a fringe crossbody purse for that bohemian touch.
- Mini Skirts: Flared, full, or tiered mini skirts enhance the allure of clogs. Experiment with faux-fur clogs and warm-toned tights for a 70s-inspired appearance, or choose strappy clog sandals for a flirty touch.
- Knit Skirt: High-waisted knit skirts create a cozy chic look when paired with classic or platform clogs. Add a loose tee or a voluminous sweater for a stylish fall outfit, and consider printed tights to stay warm and add charm.
- Flared Skirt: A black clog pairs beautifully with a leather flared skirt, offering a sophisticated touch to your ensemble. Whether shorter or longer, flared skirts look polished and adapt to various occasions while maintaining proportion with clogs.
7. Clogs with Socks + Tights
Pairing clogs with socks or tights presents a fantastic opportunity to infuse both warmth and style into your attire while maintaining optimum comfort. Personally, I have a penchant for combining thick, knitted or ribbed socks with Birkenstock clogs, as well as embracing the charm of frilly, delicately patterned socks when adorning classic clogs.
The beauty of incorporating clogs with socks lies in their versatility, as they seamlessly complement an array of women’s clothing options. With the fall and winter seasons in mind, here are some valuable tips on how to master the art of styling clogs with socks and tights, ensuring you stay both cozy and fashionable.
Here’s how to master the art of incorporating socks and tights into your clogs outfits:
How to Style Clogs with Socks
- Pair clogs with socks and cuffed jeans or dress pants for a casual, comfortable look suitable for errands and everyday wear.
- For a more put-together appearance, match clogs with white ankle socks and a printed dress, ideal for work or occasions requiring a touch of quirkiness.
- Socks or tights enhance the charm of clogs when paired with skirts. Consider classic or furry-lined clogs with slouched-down knee socks, coupled with a mini or midi denim skirt and a chunky sweater for a casual yet stylish ensemble.
8. How to Wear Clogs in Winter & Fall
As the winter season draws near, you might find yourself pondering how to incorporate your clogs into various fall and winter ensembles. Although clogs are often synonymous with warmer climates, rest assured that there are numerous creative ways to don them during the colder months.
Furthermore, the choice of clogs you make can contribute a unique personality to your outfit. Notably, brands like Birkenstock offer an enticing selection of shearling-lined styles, and many designers who specialize in wood-bottom clogs have also embraced this cozy trend. So, as the temperature drops, don’t hesitate to explore the captivating possibilities of styling clogs to make your winter outfits stand out. Consider these tips:
- Pair clogs with a chunky sweater and thick-knit leggings for a cozy yet chic winter look.
- Rock shearling-lined clogs with cuffed jeans and a leather jacket. Studded or chain-detail clogs add an extra flair to this ensemble.
- Opt for a thin-belted sweater dress and complement it with clogs. Add a peacoat or puffer jacket and matching tights for warmth and style.
- Don’t forget socks! They provide warmth and a casual feel to your clogs outfit while ensuring comfort during colder weather.
Final Thoughts on How to Wear Clogs Outfits
So you now possess comprehensive knowledge on how to wear clogs outfits with style and confidence. From the diverse clogs available to various clothing combinations for any occasion, this guide equips you to embrace clogs from summer through winter. Styling outfits with clogs is a delightful endeavor, as these shoes are versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. They effortlessly transition your look from day to night, adding an element of excitement to any ensemble.
With numerous styles and finishes to choose from, finding a pair of clogs that reflects your personal style is a breeze. Don’t hesitate to experiment with different looks and discover what works best for you. This season, give clogs a try, and you may just fall in love with the endless possibilities they offer. How will you be wearing your clogs this season?